Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Music and Ne-yo


Music has a different impact on people . Music plays a huge roll for everyone , Everyday day. We take it with us everywhere we go. On the train, on lunch break, while cleaning the room , and even when we shower because we still find our selves humming our favorite songs . When I take the train by my self without my ipod I feel like everyone is looking at me and I feel lonely. But when I put in my head phones i feel as if I'm in my own world . I personally like soft music with beautiful words, it makes me think a lot . Music that is calming and you can really pay attention to . One artist I admire is Ne-yo.He has a unique voice and is an incredible song writer.

Born into a family of musicians from Arkansas, Shaffer C. Smith a.k.a. Ne-Yo was raised in Las Vegas in a single parent home by his mother. In hopes of a better opportunity, Ne-Yo's mother relocated the family to Las Vegas Nevada; where Ne-Yo would discover his passion.

A master in the art of storytelling,  for example Ne-Yo began writing at an early age. A vivid imagination and creative energy has allowed Ne-Yo to write songs for multi-platinum artists . When asked about writing number one hits for other artists, simply put, Ne-Yo said, "I feel there is always room for good music. I want to reach people's soul with my lyrics thru whatever vessel God chooses."

Ne-Yo is taking the music industry by storm, as he challenges popular music with his writing & vocal talents. Much more than today's male singer, Ne-Yo is a rare artist; expressing through drawings, paintings, martial arts and song. He is recognized the lyrics that touch the soul. Ne-Yo is honored to be apart of the Def Jam brand, which produces some of the best R&B and hip-hop artists in the WORLD !

1 comment:

Garnett said...

I agree Ne-yo is a rare artist indeed I hope he keeps it up