Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Meaning of Quotes


"Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see."
Benjamin Franklin
I think this quote is trying to say not to believe what every one tells me in my ears until I see it with my own two eyes meaning unless I have prove . But at the same time I cant trust my eyes in everything because it may be playing tricks on me. At times I want to be so sure of what I'm seeing that even if  I'm  not sure about the situation I'm in , my eyes show me want I am hoping to see. So don't trust in them 100% .
for example . When I was a little girl I had lost my favorite sweater and I remember a girl in my class Samantha telling me "I saw Erica taking the sweater out of your bag ". I didn't want to believe it until I saw my classmate Erica with the sweater on the following day . I went home and told my mom , My mom came to school the following day and asked to speak with Erica's mother, It turned out being that Erica had the same sweater I had and she never took it out my bag . I felt so bad for accusing her but I just thought I was right because she had the same sweater I had . Samantha was the one who took the sweater out of my bag and her mom returned to me . I apologized to Erica for accusing her without proof that it was her , The only proof I thought I had was wrong so ever since then I've learned to not believe everything I hear and what I see isn't always what it looks like .
I think this is a good example for this quote because even though whats in front of you makes sense it may not be what you think . So don't always trust your eyes .

              "Tell me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are"

this is a quote that my mother told me growing up. This quote means that you are and do what your friends do. If my friends are mean and cut school and do all the bad things eventually because I am hanging out with them I will start dressing like them , Acting like them, And even talking like them . So I slowly start becoming them .
My mother told me this quote a lot once I went to J H S. I started hanging out with people my mother didn't approve of . And slowly I started acting like them and starting picking up bad habits . My grades started going down , I Was acting real mean with my brother , Sisters and mom, I started  feeling bad. I later stopped hanging out with them and realized what my mom was trying to say with this quote. I now learned my lesson.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey are those your real eye color?